After earning his B.A. from the University of Virginia and J.D. from the Syracuse University College of Law, James worked as an associate at the criminal defense firm of Greenspun, Shapiro, Davis & Leary, PC for nearly three years. There, James had the opportunity to work with hundreds of people charged with a variety of matters ranging from simple traffic citations to complex criminal felonies, including malicious wounding and murder. James then took the opportunity to work as an Assistant Public Defender for the Loudoun County Public Defender’s Office, where he reguraly tried cases before the Juvenile & Domestic Relations, General District, and Circuit Courts of Loudoun County.
At BenGlassLaw, James represents those charged with all types of serious traffic and criminal charges in all Northern Virginia jurisdictions. James also works hand-in-hand with Benjamin Glass on complex personal injury matters.
For his outstanding work ethic, James has been awarded Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyer’s Association. James is also achieved a Rating of 10/10 by Avvo.com.
James is very active in the Northern Virginia legal community, serving on Committees for the Fairfax County General District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts. He is a Membership Committee Chair for the Fairfax County Bar Association. Currently, James also serves as Attorney of the Day, a program run through the Legal Services of Northern Virginia. This program was created to provide trial attorneys for victims of domestic abuse to assist them in obtaining protective orders in the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
James also devotes much of his free time to community service. He regularly helps organization such a Beat the Odds and has also instructed several high school Mock Trial Teams learn the fundamentals of trial work.
To learn more about James, visit his Avvo profile to review various articles and answers to questions he has authored. You can also check out James on Linkedin. Then give BenGlassLaw a call to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION.
- Syracuse University College of Law, JD (2008)
- University of Virginia, BA (2005)
- Assisant Public Defender, Loudoun County Public Defender's Office (2011-2012)
- Associate Attorney, Greenspun, Shapiro, Davis & Leary, PC (2008-2011)
- National College for DUI Defense
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax Bar Association, Junvenile and Domestic Relations Court Committee
- Fairfax Bar Association, General District Court Committee
- Fairfax Bar Association, Membership Committe
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 (2013 & 2014)
- Supberb Attorney, Avvo.com (2014)
Community Service Organizations
- Model Judicial Program
- Beat the Odds