Personal Injury Lawyer- Tips for Finding Best Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Accident Case
When looking for an attorney for anything from personal injury to medical malpractice, it’s never easy finding the best attorney. This has a lot to do with all of the jargon out there, and repetitive messages you see from most lawyer advertising. Just like any industry there’s good, great, and terribly bad service providers – the law profession is no different! As a Virginia personal injury attorney, use my advice when searching for the best possible attorney for yourself
1) Check out the verdicts and settlements section. This is the most heavily regulated section of every attorney’s website. You won’t find any baloney here which is great, but more importantly you’ll hopefully see a great track record. Make sure that you look for experience with cases similar to yours.
2) Board Certification. In Virginia you would want a National Board Certified Attorney, not just any lawyer. Some have never even gone to trial, so watch out – don’t put your case in the hands of someone that won’t even fight for you!
3) Lawyer rating sites. It may be suprising, but these ratings come from peers and former clients so you should see patterns that show what the attorney is REALLY like. Check out avvo.com bestlawyersinamerica.com and superlawyers.com to see these reviews, and factor it into your search
4) Books by the attorney. Ask if they can send you their books they’ve wrote, and dvds that they’ve put together for consumers. Every great personal injury attorney will have at least one of these.
5) Check out their Youtube page.See if they have videos, so you can see if it’s someone you’re going to like. You can basically meet them without having to meet them! This puts you in the driver’s seat, as no one will be pushing you to sign a form instantly.