The Virginia Lawyer Referral Service Sponsored by Ben Glass was created to fill a need for Virginia residents who may be in need of an attorney (and we'll bribe you to give it a try).
(Scroll down to the bottom to fill out the form)
This service is free. No lawyer pays for a referral. No potential client pays to get the lawyer's names. Some lawyers may charge an initial consultation fee--read The Truth About Lawyer Advertising first. (We send it for free.)
This service was started for 4 reasons:
1. Too many Internet referral services have only one criteria for a lawyer to be a member: a valid credit card. Lawyers "pay to play" and this is sometmes not disclosed to the client. In other words, at some sites, when you fill out one of those "we'll find a lawyer for you form" you become a "lead." How cool is that? You are a "lead." Some lawyers pay a lot of money for these "leads." Not necessarily good or bad if you know what you are doing.
2. Too many state and local government lawyer referral services have very weak criteria in place for attorneys: the attorney needs to only "express an interest" in a particular area of law to be eligible to be referred to you. So a guy who does divorces may be "interested" in multi-million dollar car accident lawsuits. Is that a good criteria? You be the judge.
3. Most consumers have a very difficult time figuring out who really has experience and who doesn't, and getting a name that's pulled off of a computer list just because its the next lawyer name "up" doesn't seem like a good way to find a good attorney. Again, you be the judge.
4. Some of the Internet "lawyer referral sites" are actually set up simply to sell Google Adwords (bet you didn't know that was happening, did you?) Good for the site owner, not necessarily good or bad for the consumer-just useless. In other words, they simply trying to sell ads at their site.
Fairfax accident attorney Ben Glass decided to start this simple page and he's offering two free gifts for using it, but first, the "rules." (what would a lawyer's website be without rules?)
Rule 1: you must give full contact information. We don't deal with strangers. Don't worry, we won't share your information with anyone..(which reminds me of another thing some of those other sites do..they broadcast your info to a whole bunch of lawyers--remember, you are just a "lead").
Rule 2: you don't need to tell us every last detail of your case, just give us an idea of what type of lawyer you think you need. This is a free service, we don't have time to hear every last detail. This service is to pay back the community and to try to offer something actually "good" for people.
Rule 3: while we will provide you with names, it doesn't mean that these lawyers are perfect for you. Every case is different. Every client is different. Every lawyer is different. This isn't one of those websites where we make the bogus claim that the lawyers are the best lawyers in Virginia.
Rule 4: the fact that you get the names of lawyers from us does not make us your lawyer and you will not hold us responsible if the lawyer you ultimately choose does not achieve success for you (after all, you might just have a crummy case!). Look, many people don't have a situation that a lawyer can actually help with, but talking to a lawyer is the only way to find out.
Here is where this service IS different:
Every Virginia resident who uses the service will get two free gifts from Ben Glass.
1. A copy of his controversial book The Truth About Lawyer Advertising
2. A free subsription to the BenGlassLaw newsletter (its mailed, not emailed--except for getting you the names of some lawyer suggestions, we NEVER email you!).. Again, we are trying to keep this really simple but usefull.
So, now you have a choice. You can go to the lawyer referral service provided by the Virginia State Bar or fill out the form below.