Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (703) 584-7277
Benjamin W. Glass, III & Assoc. PC

Man injured by electrocution dies

Posted on Jul 14, 2012

A man in a critical state after being injured in an electrical accident on July 3 at a Georgia Power substation near Jefferson has died due to his injuries, as reported in Jackson Herald Today.

Scot Reese Parr, 40, from Jackson County, was one of the two men who were injured in the incident. He was working as an electrician for EIC Athens. A week after the unfortunate event, or on July 10, he died.

Parr was working on an electrical system on Valentine Industrial Parkway when he was trapped inside the transformer box where he was electrocuted. The other crews had to de-energize the electricity just so they could remove Parr from the box. He was then taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, by a helicopter. Parr was reported to be suffering from an extremely critical condition with his multiple third degree burns to his upper torso.

The second man, unnamed, had his arms burned in the same incident after a ladder fell into a transformer box. The man was taken to Athens Regional Medical Center. He was confined only for a few days for observation.

Read More About Man injured by electrocution dies...