Most Virginia disability attorneys don't handle both long-term and social security disability claims. At BenGlassLaw, our lawyers have experience dealing with the complex area of long-term disability claims, which involve group and individual long-term disability policies (often under a littleknown area of the law called ERISA, or Employee Retirement Income Security Act).
If you are dealing with a long-term disability claim and want your case handled by a team that has actual experience dealing with this little-known area of the law, you have come to the right place.
Here's how we can help:
- If your benefits have been denied and you are entitled to appeal just fax /email/mail us the denial letter as soon as you get it.We will review it and give you a detailed strategy for moving forward. This service is free.
- You can speak with us when you are thinking about stopping work and applying for benefits. We can point in you in the right direction, give you advice and tell you what to talk to your doctors about. (There is a nominal fee for this consult, but it can save you thousands of dollars by taking action now with us.)
- If your benefits have been denied and you did your own appeal, we can only help you if you have a second appeal available to you. (Really, the best hope is that you are contacting us before it gets this far - second appeals are tough and there is extra work to be done through looking through the previous appeal.)
You can speak with our team of experts about your disability claim by calling our office at (703)584-7277.
BenGlassLaw has offices throughout Virginia, including in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Dumfries, Fredericksburg, Richmond and Manassas to meet with you and help you with your claim.
More Information about Long-Term Disability Claims in Virginia
The American Employee is Being Taken Advantage of by Employers who Buy Sham Group Disability Policies - our book, Robbery Without a Gun, proves it.
This book, by Virginia Disability Insurance attorney Ben Glass rocks the disability insurance world.
Most people probably don't know the lack of coverage they are getting from their employer's long-term disability policy . As a matter of fact, the insurance companies sell group policies that some courts have said provide little or no coverage.
Congress passed ERISA to 'protect' employees pensions, but in doing so unwittingly gave the disability insurance companies a free pass to play the game on a field that is not level. Then, when claims are denied, the insurance companies blame the employers for buying crappy policies.
Ben Glass exposes the scam in his free book, Robbery Without a Gun: Why Your Employer's Long-term Disability Policy May Be a Sham. It's free for Virginia residents!
This free book should be read by:
- Any employer who thinks he/she is providing real disability coverage to the employees.
- Any doctor who treats patients who are making long term disability claims.
- Any claimant BEFORE they make a claim.
Ready to get your FREE book? Want to find out the secret truths about long-term disability claims that the insurance company won't tell you? Order a copy of Robbery Without a Gun (Why Your Employer's Long-term Disability Policy May Be a Sham).
Or, if you have already had a claim denied and you would like to speak with an attorney, call our team of experts at (703)584-7277.
Your employer's group long-term disability policy may be the greatest rip-off in the history of the American employee! Unsuspecting employers have been conned into buying policies that some courts have said will only pay benefits if you are in a coma. Get my book by filling out the form above.
BenGlassLaw can help you if you are thinking about going out on disability, and need advice. Consults are done on an hourly basis and the fee is $500.00 per hour (most people begin with a one-hour consult with the BenGlassLaw long-term disability team).
Group long-term disability insurance polices are one of the biggest scams in America. Claims for non-payment of insurance benefits are exploding as insurance companies try to cut every bill that they can. What they save by denying you benefits for hundreds of dollars turns into millions of dollars when they do it to every claimant.
Disability insurance companies are finding that policies that they wrote years ago, promising to take care of you if you couldn't do your job, are becoming very expensive for them. We have handled, and are handling, many claims against Unum Provident, CNA, Hartford, Prudential, and many other insurance companies.
We represent claimants in disputes involving:
- Denial of benefits under private (non-ERISA) insurance polices.
- Denial of benefits under long term disability policies, both ERISA and non-ERISA.
When Should You Get Legal Advice Regarding My Disability Claim?
You should absolutely consult with an attorney experienced in ERISA long-term disability claims before you file a claim. Too often we are contacted by people who have filed claims and exhausted their administrative appeal rights . If you must later file suit, a court is only going to review what is in the insurance company's file. EVERY case we have in which the client has applied for benefits and done the appeal himself/herself, the record that the court reviews lacks important information and documents that could have been provided with the original claim. Remember, the insurance company KNOWS that your review in court is limited.
Do you think that the insurance company is going to fill the record with information favorable to you? We have never seen that happen!
Your attorney should be experienced in litigating disability income insurance claims and, if you insurance is through your employer, that attorney should understand how ERISA impacts the case. Ask the right questions. Attorneys cannot simply “dabble” in ERISA!
If you have been denied long term disability benefits, we will review that denial letter at no charge and suggest an appropriate course of action. We have a variety of fee programs available.
We want you to know your rights and understand the insurance company tactics.
Ben Glass' Book Will Show You:
- How the way you fill our your claim form can wreck you case;
- How doing the appeal yourself can give the insurance comnpany an excuse to deny your claim;
- Why a Federal Judge said that claimants without an experienced ERISA disability attorney are at a 'distinct disadvantage' when appealing their claim denial;
- What you must have in your hand before you file your claim if you want to have any hope of getting paid;
- How to find a board certified lawyer;
- How one former insurance company employee describes the claim denial process inside one of the world's largest disability insurance companies (you will be shocked);
- How the insurance companies use video and other secret surveillance to try to deny you benefits;
- How one company used an errant check mark on a physician's form to deny benefits and what we did about it to get benefits restored.